Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday

While I was writing the last post, I turned 25 years old. On my 24th birthday a year ago, I received only one birthday wish from a friend, because, well, I only had one friend back then.

I always make a birthday wish when I blow out the candles on my cake. Last year, it was easy to decide what to wish for: I wished that I would complete my mission. I'm not yet ready to call it complete, but my unrelenting determination between the two birthdays ended up in me getting these messages the day I turned 25:

"Happy Bday!"
"Happy Birthday!"
"Happy birthday! Haha. U wanna celebrate this weekend?"

Three birthday wishes from three new friends I would never have even known if not for a thing called "the mission." It was a happy birthday, indeed.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counters