Friday, July 4, 2008

Numbers

366 days ago today, I finished my master's degree work, and shifted my focus 100% to "the mission." Actually, I hadn't come up with that name yet - it was just an unnamed plan to change my life that I'd been thinking about for a few weeks.

I've made two new friends so far, and that's amazing.

However, I would really like to have some success in the romance department. In 366 days, I've been on 35 dates with 26 different women. That's 26 first-dates, 4 second-dates, 3 third-dates, and 2 fourth-dates. And now, I have nothing tangible to show for any of it.

I can't even estimate the time I've put into those 35 dates. Of course, they're mostly one-hour conversations at Starbucks, but there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. I have to spend an enormous amount of time keeping conversations going on the two dating sites I've used - only a fraction of those interactions turn into dates.

I would love to have the time to do a few other things with my life, but I first have to see this through. Nothing could be more worthwhile than a successful mission to defeat shyness. And I'm realistic - any successful conclusion is going to have to include some more friends and, yes, a romantic relationship.

366 days is a long time, but we knew it wouldn't be easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 
Free Hit Counters