Wednesday, July 9, 2008

365 Days

Today marks one year since the first entry was made in this blog. It's remarkable how much my life has changed since that day. I could have easily given up, turning this into a dead web site that people stumbled upon on Google, only to assume that the author gave up because there'd been no updates. I'd never let that happen, though. My goal is to live up to the title of this blog, providing enduring spirit to everyone who wants to erase shyness from his or her life.

When I started, I'd planned to celebrate this day with pomp and parade, having accomplished my mission within one year. The fact of the matter is that I'm not done yet. It's going to take as long as it takes, but I will definitely get there.

There's no need for me to recapitulate the events of the last 365 days. In fact, I don't have to look far at all to find evidence of incredible growth and progress. I have new messages from four people I couldn't have even imagined this time a year ago. Two great friends, and two great women who I'm dating. I'm very fond of all of them, in different ways, and yet somehow, they seem to like me even more.

It's amazing to see how people respond when you're able to simply be yourself.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counters