Monday, August 6, 2007

Success

Things are going well. Really, really well. I'm still in the early stages, but what turned out to be a rather long setup phase has become a complete success. My goal was to overbook myself with more social events than I had time for, and - thanks to the Internet - that will be happening any day now. I already don't have enough time to keep up with all of the people I'm chatting with online. So you ask, how many connections does it take for that to happen? Well, in my case, 7. I have ongoing conversations with 2 people from craig's list, 3 from match.com, and 2 from eHarmony. I might stop responding to one of the ladies from match.com - she's the only one who doesn't seem very interested.

As for my first phone conversation.......despite all of the awkward silences and stumbling I mentioned, it was a success! I sent her an e-mail the next day saying it was great talking to her, and I got one in return saying the same, and that we should do it again soon. And to top it all off, this message included three exclamation marks! So, sweet. I'm busy the next couple of days, but I think the next time I call her I will actually have a specific purpose - to ask her out!

Getting to the point of actually going out with some of the girls from the dating site, I've had some passing thoughts of: what if more than one of these actually works out? How would I turn someone down at that stage? Well ha! Now THAT is the type of problem I need ;) But really, I don't have any expectations for now, I'm just taking it one step at a time. When I first thought about working on this last year (I backed off of it before anything at all went down), I was thinking about choosing unattractive girls from the dating sites since I thought it would be lower pressure for me. Well nah, like I said before, I've only been corresponding with ladies there is at least a chance I could actually be interested in. That makes all of this more fun, and interesting, and perhaps will result in better progress.

First platonic meeting Thursday. I hope it goes as well as our e-mail conversations, cause it would be amazing to have a 2nd actual friend ;) I'll let you know soon.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counters